P.L. Parker

P.L. Parker

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On the Eighth Day of Christmas . . .


Dear  Diary- Day 8


Neighbor and I borrowed her farmer 
father’s stock truck last night, loaded up the geese and swans and headed for Ann Morrison Park.  Unloading went fine, my geese blended well with the park geese but I am a little concerned if anyone will notice the swans.  While we were shooing the birds towards the river, a park transient hijacked the truck.  Fortunately, my neighbor had her cell phone so we were able to call the cops.  Unfortunately, the cop thought we were trying to steal zoo animals and we ended up sitting in jail until her husband bailed us out.  I was so exhausted.  All I wanted to do was climb into my jammies and sleep.  But noooooo! We have a knock at the door.  

When I answered all these husky women were gathered on my porch.  According to them, they’d been hired by the local farmer’s co-op to come to my place and milk my cows!  I explained I didn’t have any cows and I even let them into the backyard to prove my point!  But they wouldn’t leave.  They said they were being paid by the hour and promised a day’s wage!  It is pretty cold outside and I felt bad about leaving them sitting out on the porch so I invited them in and told them to make themselves at home.  Six of them are playing poker at my kitchen table and two are sitting on my couch watching TV and drinking my beer.  It’s been a long day.

I now have eight women milkers, seven swans, six geese more or less, five gold rings, four crows, three chickens, two doves and we won’t talk about the poor little guy from Day 1. 

2 comments:

Jerrie Alexander said...

I'm banking on good news with the little fella from day one. :)

P.L. Parker said...

LOL Jerrie!