P.L. Parker

P.L. Parker

Sunday, December 23, 2012

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas ...


Dear Diary – Day 12

I levitated out of bed this morning, rushed to my porch and was greeted with twelve young boys banging furiously on twelve drums.  A woman stepped forward with sign in hand that said “Brought to you by the South Junior High Band.”  

The noise was deafening.  Mr. Grinch down the street called the cops, I got a ticket for disturbing the peace, the band lady was offended and now boyfriend isn’t speaking to me because he says I’m not appreciative.  But that’s okay.  The 60” surprise TV I got him for Christmas looks just great in my front room.  Later on today, I’ll get some of my favorite caramel popcorn, a big jug of ice tea and watch You’ve Got Mail!  So all in all, life is good.  It has been twelve days of ups and downs.

The twelve drummers were placated by cookies and hot cider. I’ll call the eleven pipe fitters one of these days and have the needed work done.  The ten gymnasts are performing at BSU next week and I’ll wander down to give support. The nine belly dancers are really nice ladies and I’m taking up lessons.  The eight milkers are still on my sh_t list.  I wonder how my seven swans and six or so geese are doing at the park but I suspect well. The five gold rings are on a chain around my neck and I love the tinkling sound. The four crows are still pecking at my roof top but they seem happy. My sister took all three chickens as the rooster was so upset when the hens left she just couldn’t see him suffer.  The two doves are cooing up a storm and I won’t talk about the poor – WHAT IS THAT IN MY YARD! It’s the Hungarian Partridge!  He survived!  I’m so happy.  I’ll put in him the dog run for safekeeping until I get a nice cage built.  I’m going to call him Jerry or Jerrie if he turns out to be female.  What a wonderful Christmas!  

From my house to yours, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Jerrie Alexander said...

What a nice name you've picked out for the poor little bird that happened to be a Hungarian Partridge!

I worried about him/her, but I was confident you would save him!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

P.L. Parker said...

LOL - thanks Jerrie! Merry Christmas to you as well.