Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Young and Operatic

I have three sons.  

Jared, my eldest, is steady, down-to-earth, shy, hard worker. He's worked in the restaurant business for most of his life. Proud of this guy, always holds a job and puts his soul into his work.

Middle son is Travis.  Sweet guy, hard worker, great father to his little girl and just passed his exam to become a journeyman plumber.  If he decides he is going to do something, he goes for it and he "gets 'er dun!" Had some trying times over his life but has prevailed and, again, I'm so proud. 

Then there is the baby, Zach, who is now 22 years old.  Just graduated from college summa cum laude.  In the top 9 of his class.  From the time he was a little kid, he's loved music.  He plays the violin, the guitar, but his instrument of choice if the piano. Along with all that he is an opera singer and with his friend Jordan, they've become "Opera Elect."  

I wish I'd had these two young people's focus at that age. They're performing all over the northwest - in coffee shops, lounges, theaters and just about anyplace they can get in.  Recently, they had a musical written especially for them called "Tomorrow, Tomorrow."  I have to tell you, this is such a cute show - funny, sad, uplifting and ultimately a happy ending.  As Zach's mommy, I often wonder where all this talent and determination comes from.  Heck, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but he knew from the time he was young.  Music and anything to do with it.  His girlfriend, Edie, also performs with Jordan and Zach from time to time, and is the director for "Tomorrow, Tomorrow."  

Stop by their website some time and read about all they are doing, what they have done and where they plan to go.  It's an amazing journey and one that I hope will take them far.

http://operaelect.org/

Patsy

No comments: