Thursday, July 13, 2017

Travel back with Beth Trissel at my Blog and her new release "Somewhere My Lady"

It is my pleasure to host a long-time friend, Beth Trissel, and her newest release Somewhere My Lady. Beth and I became acquainted over a decade ago when we started at The Wild Rose Press.  Beth, the spotlight is on you!

Beth: Thanks for having me on your blog, PL. I’m excited to be writing time travels again after a hiatus, and to share my new release, Somewhere My Lady (Book 1, Ladies in Time).

The concept of time travel and the infinite windows it opens has always fascinated me. My latest inspiration in expanding possibilities is Doctor Who. Daughter Elise got me into the show and I’ve been scrambling to catch up. I absolutely love Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Matt Smith as the Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctors, am just getting into the Twelfth. Not a big fan yet, but I will give him a chance. I didn’t go crazy with Doctor Who quotes in this story, but here’s one I like from the heroine, Lorna Randolph: “Maybe there’s truth to the DoctorWho assertion that time is ‘more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey…stuff,’ rather than strictly linear, as we perceive it.”

Considering the hero, Hart Harrison, is from the 18th century, he’s not entirely certain what to do with her suggestion.

Other strong story influences: Edith's Theme, the hauntingly beautiful song from Crimson Peak, stirred this story in me long before I watched the movie, which was after I finished the book. I purposely waited until then before viewing the film. Several songs in the soundtrack also sent my imagination soaring, but that one really did. Scenes took shape in my mind, especially the ghostly dance I wrote in chapter one. I couldn't have conceived Somewhere My Lady without this music. But that’s not the only inspiration. There are many.

I’ve always been drawn to old homes, lived in them most of my life, and visited many others. I also love gardening and have sprawling beds filled with heirloom flowers and herbs. Some plants have been here for ages and our farm-house was built in the 1870's. The gardens in Somewhere My Lady are especially beautiful and I used herbs in the story. Old homes exude an indefinable sense of place. Families filled them with the emotions accompanying the events taking place in their lives. The walls witnessed their sagas, good and bad, and absorbed the energy. A much lived in home is never really empty. Perhaps the spirits of those who once dwelt there come back and visit, or they leave a part of themselves behind. I don't know, but I like a good ghost story.

Harrison Hall, the colonial era home in Somewhere My Lady, is loosely based on Shirley Plantation, a magnificent 18th century home built along the James River in Virginia. In the story, this wonderful manor sized house is a paranormal hot spot, concealing a deadly mystery Hart and Lorna must solve.

‘Somewhere My Lady is a fun supernatural romance that will have you slipping in and out of the past and future as if you were a spirit yourself.’’ ~Colleen’s Book Reviews
"Quite simply, one of the best paranormal, time slip stories I’ve ever had the pleasure to read." ~Splashes Into Books



Story Blurb: 
Lorna Randolph is hired for the summer at Harrison Hall in Virginia, where Revolutionary-War reenactors provide guided tours of the elegant old home. She doesn't expect to receive a note and a kiss from the handsome young man who then vanishes into mist.

Harrison Hall itself has plans for Lorna – and for Hart Harrison, her momentary suitor and its 18th century heir. Past and present are bound by pledges of love, and modern science melds with old skills and history as Harrison Hall takes Lorna and Hart through time in a race to solve a mystery and save Hart's life before the Midsummer Ball.~

Somewhere My Lady is available from all online booksellers. In Kindle at:  https://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-Lady-Ladies-Time-Book-ebook/dp/B071VTNC7V

Excerpt:

Something about him held her spellbound…the tilt of his head, arch of his brow, glimpse of his profile… She followed his every move with the fixity of an owl.

He turned blue-gray eyes toward her and sensuous lips curved into a smile on his handsome face. Hands down. No contest. He was the hottest guy ever. Her heart beat a thrilling new rhythm.

He circled closer to where she stood rooted in the foyer, not moving a toe, scarcely drawing breath. Did he truly see her backed tremulously against the wall, or did it only feel that way?

Unlike the others in the ghostly assembly, his eyes didn’t skirt past her. He paused in the dance. Bending at the shoulders, he tipped his hand to her in a genteel flourish.

He’d freakin’ bowed. Her jaw dropped. He most definitely saw her. And she sure as heck saw him.

A sparking sizzle jumped between them, awakening her as she’d never been roused before. Even more than when the house charged through her at her arrival. It was as if she were plugged in—to him.

How that could be, she had no idea, but when he gazed into her eyes, time seemed to stop. She spiraled into moonless stars, and back again to this dizzying realm. To him. Even if she were dreaming, she’d never forget this moment.~

Somewhere My Lady is available from all major online booksellers. In Kindle at: https://www.amazon.com/Somewhere-Lady-Ladies-Time-Book-ebook/dp/B071VTNC7V



Author Bio: Married to my high school sweetheart, I live on a farm in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia surrounded by my human family and furbabies. An avid gardener, my love of herbs and heirloom plants figures into my work. The rich history of Virginia, the Native Americans, and the people who journeyed here from far beyond her borders are at the heart of my inspiration. I’m especially drawn to colonial America and the drama of the American Revolution. And I love a good ghost story. In addition to Young Adult and New Adult fantasy romance, I also write historical, time travel, and paranormal romance, plus nonfiction.


Author Links:
Facebook Beth Trissel: https://www.facebook.com/beth.trissel
Author Beth Trissel: https://www.facebook.com/bctrissel
My Amazon Author Page where all my books reside:




5 comments:

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks for having me on your blog and for putting such a super post together.

P.L. Parker said...

Most welcome Beth. Any time!

Donna Simonetta said...

This book sounds terrific, Beth! Good luck with it!

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks so much, Donna.

P.L. Parker said...

Couple of really nice reviews on Amazon for this novel!