Monday, August 7, 2017

Solar Eclipse or Do Girls Just Want to Have Fun?

August 21 - the total eclipse of the sun and Idaho is in the moon's umbral shadow. What does this mean for me?   The last time the contiguous U.S. saw a total eclipse was in 1979. As luck would have it, Idaho seems to be smack dab in the middle of the path.

I've purchased my protective eyewear and made plans to specifically be outside, gear on and ready.  Although...

Years ago, in 1984, I watched a movie entitled "Night of the Comet," a story about how the populace planned parties, stood outside and watched and by the next day, either were turned to ashes or those who survived turned to zombies, except for a few choice souls who managed to avoid exposure to the comet's rays. Sort of makes you wonder... Do I need to add zombie protective gear to my ensemble?

But then again - girls just want to have fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91xWXTIwTwM