Saturday, December 16, 2017

'Twas Eight Days Before Christmas...


'Twas eight days before Christmas.... The gong of doom sounds! Cookies are made. The banana bread's baked! All should be good - except I haven't finished my shopping!  What happened?  In a normal year, I'd be feeling smug, enjoying the lull after the storm! But not this year! I'll have to venture out in the cold, amongst the hordes of crazy shoppers and pray that I can find those few amazing items still to complete my shopping list.  

I don't know about you, but I can only take shopping for about two hours and then I'm done! I find it hard to keep in the holiday spirit with so many insane people are out and about. I was actually standing by my shopping cart the other day when a young woman talking on her cell phone ran into me and knocked me out of the way! Did she even notice? No! Or if she did, she didn't care!

If I want that fat little man in the red suit to visit my house, guess I'd better get on the sleigh. So with nothing left to me, I will venture out, place myself in harm's way and finish what I started!  Next year though....


Patsy
P.L. Parker
www.plparker.com



No comments: