Tuesday, January 9, 2018

2018 - Time's Passing Faster Each Year




I remember when I was young thinking about how far in the future 2018 was and that I would be an old lady by that time, if I even made it to 2018.  But...here we are!  I don't make New Year's Resolutions. No reason to because I can't seem to follow them in any event. I guess my resolution is just not to make them.  I retired the end of 2016 and had my first full year of not working in over 35 years. 

At times I miss the interaction of my buddies at work, but do not miss the stress of working in a law office.  I have my husband to
keep me company and I meet with friends for lunch from time to time. All in all, I am enjoying the freedom even though I realize I'm here because I've reached the age where I'm considered a senior citizen.  Funny! I don't feel any older than I did when I was in my early 30's but my body reminds me that I can't do what used to be simple for me.  I guess everything does change, but change can be good. I write more, try to exercise more, bake a lot - do things for myself! 


I look forward to 2018 with an open mind, but always hoping that the new year will be better than the last, both for me and the members of my family.  I have things I want to accomplish this year. Becoming an award-winning author would be nice but I suspect I would have to enter a few contests to reach that level. Who knows? 2018 might be the year.

My blessings for a great 2018 to each and every one of you.  May joy and love fill your hearts!

Patsy 

No comments: