Thursday, February 21, 2019

Self-Publishing and Pulling Out My Hair

I just recently found out that the publisher who had my novel, Absolution, was closing its doors as of January 1, 2019.  Because of money constraints, I undertook publishing the novel myself.  Mind you, I do have other books that I have self-published but I didn't do the work myself. I hired someone to do it!  But I put on my big girl panties and decided to do the dirty deed.  I spent hours sweating over the manuscript to bring it up to date and clean up parts of it and, finally, the big moment came when I couldn't think of anything else to do but get it uploaded.  I downloaded Kindle Create and began the long process.  I did learn, though, that when I found an error, instead of canceling the whole project and starting over, I could correct in the program. DUH!  Finally, it looked the way I thought it should look so I saved the manuscript and began the upload. I'd had Stevie De Taranto create my cover art so I was ready. Teeth gritted, I worked my way through the process, expecting any moment to blow up the program, but I got through it.  Later on this evening, I got word from Amazon that Absolution was live! I'd done it! Wahoo! *she wipes the sweat from her brow*

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NZ436FV/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=absolution+by+p.l.+parker&qid=1550818035&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I hope you'll drop on over there and snag yourself a copy!

Patsy
P.L. Parker


1 comment:

Cara Bristol said...

Victory! Congratulations! With self-publishing, so many things are daunting, and there's a learning curve at first, but the only way to learn it is to jump in.