Thursday, April 4, 2019

Spring is in the Air - Finally!




Seems like Winter hung around for quite some time this year but I can finally say Spring has definitely hit Boise (knock on wood). I've not had many flowers blooming yet, but I do find buds on my lilac bushes, some mini-daffodils are blooming and - wonders of wonders - my dwarf peach tree made it through the winter.  Have to tell you, I planted that peach tree in the Spring of last year and it never did anything. Stayed the same all through the summer, no new leaves, no new branches, etc., so I was pretty sure it wouldn't make it. But every day now, a few more green things sprout on it.  I suspect that my harvest on the tree will have to wait five years or more, but I'm ecstatic that it is still here.  Now to the yard work. Started trimming and cleaning out my front gardens but my old knees will only take so much, but it is good to be able to get back outside and enjoy the beauties of nature.  Life is good!

Happy Spring Everyone! 

Patsy (P.L. Parker)
www.plparker.com

No comments: