Monday, September 16, 2019

North to Alaska and One More Adventure Crossed off My Bucket List!

Well, my Bucket List just got one item shorter.  On September 1, my husband, my youngest son Zach, his new bride Krysta, and I embarked on a 7 day cruise to Alaska.  Visiting Alaska has been a dream of mine for many years and we finally did it.  We cruised the inside passage, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Skagway, Ketichikan and then the last evening we stopped in Victoria, British Columbia.  


I will say that sometime in the future, I would actually like to fly into perhaps Nome and experience some of the Alaska adventure closer up.  Not to say I want to get up close and comfortable with the bear, moose, etc., critters lurking in the wilds, but I am a history buff and would love to see firsthand the areas where the gold rush actually took place.


All in all, it was a great trip and I enjoyed it.  Some of the food on the cruise was mediocre at best and some downright icky.  In a bid for adventure, we would try different things at dinner and one night, my husband was elected to choose the "Cucumber, green apple, mustard goat quark" as his appetizer.  I have to say it was as untasty as its name!  But it was a new experience and that is what we were trying for.

My son and his new wife playing ping pong. Note his Hawaiian shirt!


Now to plan the next adventure!

Patsy
P.L. Parker
www.plparker.net

2 comments:

Cara Bristol said...

Sounds like a great trip. I took an Alaskan cruise about nine years ago. Definitely worth doing.

P.L. Parker said...

It is and I love to hear about Alaska, the history and what is happening there now.