Sunday, December 15, 2019

Tis the Season to be Jolly!

Trying my best to be jolly, but it's difficult this year.  You might know that my husband Jack had a stroke in February of 2018.  Long months of recuperation but he was doing well...and then bad luck struck again.  He had another stroke.  This time his physicals are good but his cognitives are really out of whack.  So very sad to see a big, robust and go-getter reduced to staring at the wall or scribbling on a piece of paper.  

I'm doing my best to have some Christmas cheer. Made Parkerhouse Rolls, made chocolate chip cookies, started my shopping, got the tree and inside of the house decorated and put a few lights outside.


Oh, did I forget to add that my youngest son's wedding reception is December 21 in Springdale, Utah?  Another stressor but again trying to maintain.




I sort of feel like my little grandniece, Ellie Jean, felt when she visited Santa!



Anyway, in the event I don't get back to my blog, I want to wish you all the very best Holiday Season and my prayers for a better 2020!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for a better 2020 for you all!

Mary VanDeventer said...

Praying for a better 2020 for you all!

Miss Mae said...

I am always thinking and praying for you and Jack. You are a strong woman, Patsy, and I'm amazed at how you've coped through all this. My love and heartfelt desire is for the two of you to overcome this as you overcame in 2018. Hugs and love, my friend.

P.L. Parker said...

Thank you Mary and Miss Mae! Doing my best to stay strong but there are days... I welcome your prayers and hugs.

Cara Bristol said...

I am so sorry for all that you're going through.

P.L. Parker said...

Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts! So appreciated.