Saturday, January 25, 2020

Acceptance and Moving Forward

I don't know if many of you know but my husband had his second stroke in early December.  Been a long road since, hospital, rehab and ultimately we had to put him in assisted living.  He seems to be improving inch by inch but it has been hard on all of us seeing him that way.

If comfort can be had, this seems to help:

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.”
― Reinhold Niebuhr



I have had to accept and move forward, but nevertheless keeping a ray of hope that he will find that spark inside of him and find his way out of the dark place.  I believe in prayers and I pray every night for his recovery.

Give your partner, spouse, children, relatives, friends a hug for me and keep them close to your heart.

Patsy

2 comments:

Cara Bristol said...

I'm so sorry for everything you are going through. I cannot imagine how hard this must be.

P.L. Parker said...

Thank you Cara! So very hard and especially so since this is the second time in 2 years we've had to go through this. But doing the best we can!