Sunday, June 14, 2015

Would you want to live during the Jurassic period?

My husband and I went to Jurassic World this weekend.  Terrific show and about as exciting as a movie could but, but would I want to live during the Jurassic period?  Heck no!  I love my amenities.  Camping to me is finding the nearest hotel in the locale of the area I want to visit.  Nothing better than taking a nice hot bath after a day of exploring - and I certainly don't want to get eaten by the park attractions.  I can't imagine running into one of these during a stroll through the park. (The guy - maybe!)

 When I was researching my Riley's Journey series, I was so impressed by the determination of early man to survive in a perilous environment.  I wouldn't have made a good "early man" or "early woman" as the case may be.  I can clean a fish when the need arises, but catching and cleaning anything beyond that leaves me with the shudders.  I even feel bad catching a fish as I ask myself do I really need to eat that and even though I am no hypocrite, I pretend meat grows on trees.

Nope!  Give me my stove, my refrigerator, my TV, my Kindle, all the things I appreciate.  I wouldn't make it back then other than as a tasty treat for some hungry predator - not my idea of a good time.

Step back 40,000 years. 

The Riley's Journey Series - Riley's Journey, Into the Savage Dawn and Beyond Tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/Rileys-Journey-P-L-Parker-ebook/dp/B005SV26KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1434296345&sr=1-1&keywords=riley%27s+journey

http://www.amazon.com/Into-Savage-Dawn-P-L-Parker-ebook/dp/B004RWI5Y0/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TC4VP0VQSH91YM04GPF

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Tomorrow-P-L-Parker-ebook/dp/B00CHD0DXM/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0SGATG28YXN4E7PA06W6

No comments: