Thursday, July 1, 2021

Double J's and Mama's Search for Bigfoot - Part 2 - Background History #bigfoot #paranormal #searchingforbigfoot



As a preface to our search for Bigfoot, I thought I'd give you a little family background history as to the beginnings of our interest. 

Rumor has it that when my Grandfather Bryan (no nonsense man) was working on the railroad in Canada, something big was on a ridge above them and was throwing rocks.  It would come into their camp at night and leave footprints. Grandpa was not one to make things up.  He grew up hunting and fishing and knew what the wilds held.



Another family addition to the search happened when I was 25.  We were having a family campout in Eastern Oregon and were camped below Elk Meadows near John Day.  We were sitting around the fire visiting when about 9:00 p.m., the elk starting whistling in alarm and then we could hear them stampeding. Then this loud and long roar, the scariest sound I've ever heard outside of TV or the movies, echoed down through the area.  My father, also a hunter and fisherman, stopped, stared into the dark and said "What the f$#% was that?"  It wasn't a bear, a cougar or anything he could identify.  I was so scared, I got up and went into the trailer. My son and his cousin were sitting up in bed and their eyes were huge. "What was that?" my son asked. I personally to this day believe it was Bigfoot and he was hunting the elk.

We will continue our search.



No comments: